Who are the Governors?
The Governing Body at Western Road Community Primary School works in partnership with the staff to promote high quality education for pupils. We appoint the head teacher & work closely with them to make decisions that directly affect the education & well-being of all children.
Part of a school's governing body's responsibilities are to:
- Promote high standards of educational attainment
- Set an annual budget detailing planned spending
- Make decisions on matters such as performance, targets, school policies & school development plans
- Draw up an action plan following inspection reports
- Appoint staff, ensuring implementation of a range of personnel procedures
- Ensure health & safety of pupils & staff
The Governing Body is a 'critical friend', challenging & supporting the Senior Leadership Team, monitoring the outcome of policies & ensuring accountability
Our school governors are very supportive & actively take part in all areas of the school curriculum by visiting the school & attending regular governor meetings. If you would like to meet with any governors, please make contact with the school office firstname.lastname@example.org
Co-Chair of Governorsjonathansharpe@westernroad.e-sussex.sch.uk
Co-Chair of Governorssamcaughey@westernroad.e-sussex.sch.uk
Local Authority Governor
Clerk to the Governors