Silver Birch (Reception)
Our topic for Term Four is 'The Farm' and we will visit Plumpton as part of our learning.
Ways to Support Your Child
- Regular reading and sharing books with your child
- Regular practise of sounds introduced in school
- Play games with sounds e.g. finding objects beginning with a given sound, finding words that rhyme
- Talk to your child about what they have been learning at school
- Practise writing their name using the correct letter formation
- Count objects at any opportunity
- Talk about more and less e.g. If I had one more apple how many would there be?
- Talk about their senses
- Talk to your child about how you celebrate birthdays in your family
- Talk to your child about how to stay healthy
- Introduction to Letters and Sounds Phase 2.pdf
- links to phonics videos.pdf